Welcome to Tyne Valley Garden Centre
Tyne Valley Garden Centre for seeds to trees, knowledgeable staff for garden advice, and much more! The Field Kitchen Cafe offers great tasting food and drinks with lovely views.
Overlooking the Tyne Valley, we're handy to the Northumberland, Tyne & Wear & Gateshead areas, but often have visitors from outside the North East!
Come and take a look at our aquatics centre with everything you need for a healthy happy tank.
Monday09:00 - 17:00
Tuesday09:00 - 17:00
Wednesday09:00 - 17:00
Thursday09:00 - 17:00
Friday09:00 - 17:00
Saturday09:00 - 17:00
Sunday10:30 - 16:30
Keep mint within bounds
Always plant mint in a container as it's a rampant spreader which will rapidly swamp your herb garden. You can always sink it, pot and all, into the soil to make it look more natural growing among your other herbs. There are plenty of varieties to choose from: peppermint makes wonderful tea, while pineapple mint is prettily variegated.
- Install raised beds 24 February 2017
- Prune summer flowering clematis now 22 February 2017
- The Royal Horticultural Society needs your help 20 February 2017
- Over 80 gardens around the country are opening for the National Gardens Scheme Snowdrop Festival 17 February 2017
- The nation’s favourite summer bedding plants have been named 15 February 2017